Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Trying to get things rolling for fundraising

We are super busy right now. Along with the various unmentionables lol.. Clays spring break is next week during my last week of classes. First week of May equals the dirty word EXAMS. Then pass testing starts about the same time as spring football. I'm getting uber excited about summer. Well did you hear me say one thing about Fundraising? not a word.. Here goes it. Can't do a skating event, it would have to benefit a congregation, or organization of more than 200 people. Ok go figure. Still in the works is a 10k run/walk in Georgetown or Hemingway. There are other ideas being passed around people just haven't given those ideas "legs" yet. In this moment I realize that it isn't up to me. It's up to God. Thank you Lord for reminding me that it isn't my responsibility to get them done. You have already gone before me to make the crooked straight and in times where I can't take another step, you will carry me. Okay folks time to get a grip of the hand that hasn't let us go find our sea legs and step out the boat. Remember the joke about the three pastors:

Ph Pastor, Methodist Pastor, and the Baptist Pastor? They were fishing in One day a Methodist Pastor and a Baptist Pastor took a Ph Pastor fishing on boat.

Once in the Middle of the lake, the Methodist Pastor said" I seem to have forgotten my fishing pole, be right back" and to the visitors amazement stepped out of the boat and walked on top of the water towards the shore.When he had returned, the Baptist Pastor said "I need to use the restroom, be right back"

Again the
Ph Pastor watched in amazement. Once the Baptist Pastor returned, not wanting to be outdone, the visitor said " I need to use the restroom too" As soon as he stepped out of the boat, he sank.The Methodist Pastor nudged the Baptist Pastor and said "We should have told him where the rocks were"

No comments:

Post a Comment